ImageOptim is compatible with computers running Mac OS 10.7+ – NO WINDOWS SUPPORT
ImageOptim removes EXIF metadata, such as GPS position and camera’s serial number, so that you can publish images without exposing private information (but there’s an option to keep the metadata if you need it).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does ImageOptim compare to TinyPNG, MozJPEG or Guetzli?
- You can get the same or better compression if you enable Lossy minification option in in ImageOptim preferences.
- Can I keep embedded copyright, camera information?
- Yes. Uncheck Strip JPEG metadata in Preferences
- It’s slow on PNG files. How can I make it faster?
- In preferences uncheck PNGOUT and Zopfli. Without these tools optimization will run much quicker, but will be a bit less effective.
- Will ImageOptim be in the App Store?
- No, and please beware of knock-offs in the App Store! Apple’s has been selling three already.
Faster web pages and apps
Reduces image file sizes — so they take up less disk space and download faster — by applying advanced compression that preserves quality.
Image files scrubbed clean
Removes invisible junk: private EXIF metadata from digital cameras, embedded thumbnails, comments, and unnecessary color profiles.